Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Its late

Its late and I'm still at work. I'm behind on my tasks, but catching up slowly. Most of the things I spend time on here are very tedious. My job description seems to consist of, have clever, neat ideas, then create incredibly tedious ways to implement them. Get bogged down with tedium. Repeat.

Anyhow, its not all that bad. But I can appreciate the appeal of the deckhand work on days like today. It looked nice out the window too. Blustery, a hint of rain, and a lot of birds. I think the herring might have all swum under the bridge at once maybe. I've been seeing the drift net boats out and about lately.

That's the last commercial fishery that happens inside the bay anymore. All the boats look pretty decrepit too.

Well, its time to catch the bus home. Probably should have ridden my bike. It would have been a quicker trip, if colder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK we are going to try this!

Anonymous said...

I think we are on board- wanted to use a little sea reference here. I didn't have to have a username or password this time. Now i just have to figure out something significant to say!!! We just say "There Will be Blood" pushy title I thought but it was a haunting and mysterious film- fantastic music and acting. I will tell Charles that you and I and Blog are connected. Are you getting rested up for your Birthday tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

I meant to print "saw" not say the film but couldn't seem to correct it.

Anonymous said...

Charles wanted me to write on your Birthday "Merrily merrily row your boat gently down the stream---etc etc.
Tempus Fugit Grandfather.

I had to ask about the 'message' and he said J.D. will be building a boat and he was sending his good wishes.
We hope you got the package and had a wonderful day and perhaps did crazy things.