Thursday, January 24, 2008

Its my birthday

Today was cold and rainy. A favorite weather system of mine down here in California. Gives me a chance to bundle up and think slightly melancholy thoughts about the past and future. I rode the street car to work, and walked the last half mile. Its a slow process, but it means I can attempt to read whatever text I can get my hands on. Today that meant the SF Chronicle and The Onion. Walking the last bit, the rain was cold on my thinning head, which I guess, is the price I have to pay for turning 27.

Last night I got your wonderful presents in the mail. I haven't yet sat down with the book, tomorrow might be a good day. I'm excited to see what it has to say about our chosen construction method. The nail bag on the other hand, I put to use right away. I've been going to a music night at some friends' house, and the bag was perfect for my harmonicas. Of course, I was laughed off the proverbial stage, but hey, sometimes
thats a success in itself too. I'm sure the bag will be less humorous in its intended use, but surely no less helpful!

After work
Jana and I went to a fancy restaurant called "Destino." The food was excellent, the price not exorbitant, and the walk home quite refreshing. Jana however, as you can see from the picture upper left, didn't last long after we got home. Out like a light I believe, is what they call that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reader #2 or #3 or... signing in. Running, jumping, standing still. That about sums it up.